The sky falling? What, me worry?

Nothing says convergence like the redistribution of media consumption among mainstream mass audiences. Still the vast majority of advertising managers and agency execs I come into contact with remain in a state of denial. Don't get me wrong: I'm very, very pro-TV. I LOVE TV and its commercials. But I also love the agency business and prefer avert its financial collapse.



Broadcast Erosion: Many Culprits, Few Solutions - 04/25/2007

THIS SEASON'S SURPRISING DIP IN broadcast ratings has many analysts digging deeper into the reasons, exploring type of programming, DVR usage, the Internet and even the usual suspect, cable TV.

Live-only broadcast ratings are down anywhere from 11% to 15%--a steep fall off from the last three years, when broadcast viewership has been basically flat versus the seasons before.

Just a handful of network prime-time shows have seen ratings improvements over a year ago, such as "House" and "America's Funniest Videos." But the list is long on the other side of the ledger. Shows like "24," "Desperate Housewives,' "Lost," and "CSI" have taken sizable dips.

No comments:

Post a Comment