Research Brief » Blog Archive » I Want It My Way

Ads delivered via mass media are preferred by 17% of U.S. adults, and an additional 17% of consumers are most interested in ads delivered in print. 32% of U.S. all adults are either disinterested in advertising delivered by any medium or they have not been exposed to a particular ad platform.

The 9% of U.S. adults who prefer "Ads on Emerging Media Vehicles" are far more likely than the average adult to agree with the following statements.

  • A celebrity endorsement may influence me to consider or buy a product.
  • I'm always one of the first of my friends to try new products or services.
  • I follow the latest trends and fashions.
  • Brand name is the best indication of quality.

Anne Marie Kelly, Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Planning at MRI, says "Consumers who prefer advertising messages delivered through their mobile devices and product placement tend to be younger, pro-innovation, pro-celebrity and pro-fashion… this segmentation analysis helps them to target… consumers most receptive to their media plan."

Research Brief » Blog Archive » I Want It My Way

So, there's an 8 point gap between the "emerging media" consumers and the "mass media" troglodytes. How long before that gap evaporates? Hmm.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment